Disruptive mood Dysregulation Disorder (DMDD) can be described as an illness of mental health. It is more common in children. Children who suffer from this disorder develop anger and temper anger and temper tantrums. The disorder’s mood swings greatly impact their social life. Children with this disorder may have difficulties in managing his academic life as well as his social circle.
Signs of Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
The typical symptoms that associated with the disorder of mood dysregulation are
as follows. These all signs are told by cleveland clinic behavioral health.
- A child might throw temper tantrums with actions such as shouting, hitting or damaging any object.
- Afraid and angry behavior.
- Temper tantrums that are not consistent
- The outbursts are commonplace in children.
- Exuberant emotional and unpredictable behavior.
- Exaggerating extreme reactions in specific circumstances that are not normal under normal situations
The causes of DMDD
There is no specific reason for the disruptive mood dysregulation disorder that has been identify until this point. However, there are certain elements which played an important part in the development of this disorder. The main causes that cause this condition are:
- Genetics: Genetics has a part in the development of DMDD. It discovered that it’s more common for children with the family history of the disorder.
- Children with a neurological disability who suffers from any neurological impairment. Such as experiencing chronic migraines expected to develop behaviors such as aggression and irritability that can lead to DMDD.
- Brain Chemistry The brain’s chemical composition has been studied in a variety of studies. That children affected by DMDD experience more active brain areas of the brain that are believed to regulate the aggressive behavior.
- Previous Events uneasy, or unusual event which happened in the past may be the cause of this disorder.
The disorder which causes mood disruption only diagnosed in children. Who suffer from the occurrence of a temper tantrum frequently during one week. Health professionals can assist you to determine the severity of the disorder for your child by conducting the process of assessing your child.
The assessment consisted of a quick conversation with the child along with his caregivers, parents, or parents. Although we cannot say for certain that it’s a valid scale that measures the signs of DMDD, it provides the health professional an initial clue to determine the severity of this condition.
The first purpose of treatment is to assist the child understand the symptoms and to effectively manage them. While there isn’t a specific treatment for DMDD. It is a combination of medication and psychotherapy is believed to be efficient in fighting this condition.
The psychiatrist typically recommends antidepressants, antipsychotics, or medicines that manage some violent mood behaviors within the child. A lot of healthcare professionals are reluctant to recommend medications. Due in the event of potential side consequences which may be present associate with the symptoms. dr syed ahmed md is one of the best therapist of depression.
Psychotherapy is among many of the effective and popular treatment options for this condition. It incorporates cognitive behavior therapy that helps children be aware of their problems and learn methods to conquer them with time. The treatment also involves the parents’ involvement, which teaches their children how to adapt to new behaviors and to overcome outbursts and anger.
First of all we thanks Steameastus because it is providing vast platform where anyone can read as he can and learn a lot. Writer can also get opportunity to write here and show their skills.