Netgear router is gaining popularity among its users for offering high-speed internet services with advanced features. But some users reported that they are getting issues while accessing the Netgear router login page as facing routerlogin.net not working issue. If you also having the same fate and facing a similar kind of issue, then here we have discussed some basic troubleshooting hacks to fix the issue you are currently facing. Just browse the below information, sqex me link you might find it helpful.
Verify the Web Address
First and foremost, you need to ensure that you are using the correct web address to access the Netgear router login page. Users, at times, accidentally use incorrect web addresses and get stuck with an issue. Therefore, consider cross-checking the web address you have entered in the address field before hitting the Enter button to avoid any kind of issue. If you are using the correct URL and still getting an error, then jump to the next method.
Reboot Your Netgear Router
In some cases, minor technical hiccups might be the reason behind the outcome of a routerlogin.net not working issue. And you can resolve these minor issues simply by rebooting your Netgear router.
- Disconnect all the connected networking devices from your Netgear router.
- Turn off your router and remove it from the power source.
- Then, wait for some time before plugging it again into the power socket.
- Turn on your router and re-connect all the WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear router to enjoy high-speed internet.
Now, determine if the issue you are currently facing has been resolved or not. If not, then continue reading.
Verify Your Internet Connection
A stable internet connection is needed to access the routerlogin.net page through your Netgear router. In order to verify your internet connection, examine the Ethernet cable if you are using a wired connection. If you detect any damage to the cable, then swap or replace it with the new one. Whereas, in a wireless connection, users need to confirm that their device is receiving proper WiFi signals. Else, try relocating your WiFi-enabled device close to your Netgear router to avoid any connectivity issues.
Check the Power source
Netgear router needs an adequate power supply to work efficiently. For that, you are required to inspect the electrical socket through which your Netgear router is connected. Any damaged or short-circuited power socket can cause a power outage. Therefore, try switching to another socket if you detect any damage to the power socket. Additionally, don’t forget to examine the condition of the AC cable as it needs to be free from any kind of wear or tear to run smoothly.
Avoid WiFi Interference
Keep your Netgear router away from the objects such as refrigerators, microwaves, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers and other smart home appliances as these kinds of objects use radio signals for transmission. And that may disrupt your Wifi signals resulting in routerlogin.net not working issue.
Clear Cache and Cookies
Try deleting the temporary files from your internet browser. Sometimes browsing history, cache or cookies might be the reason for getting routerlogin.net not working issue. If you are still unable to reach the router login page after removing all the temporary files, then try switching to another updated web browser. It might help to access the Netgear router login page.
Upgrade Your Netgear Router Firmware
Using an outdated version of Netgear router firmware might be the reason for getting an error while accessing the Netgear router login page. Therefore, keep your Netgear router firmware up to date with the latest version of Netgear router firmware to avoid any issues.
If you are getting a hard time in upgrading the Netgear router firmware, then we suggest you follow the step-by-step information mentioned below to make your task easier.
- Turn on your Netgear router and your PC.
- On your PC, you need to access an updated version of the internet browser and type default IP 192.168.1.1 in the address field.
- Hit the Enter button.
- You will be directed to the Netgear router login page where you are required to insert the default username and password in their specific field.
- Click Log In.
- Once you’ve successfully logged in, the Netgear router setup wizard will come into view where you are required to browse your cursor to the Advanced tab, then click Administration and select Firmware Update.
- Now, click Check to look for the new updates.
- If the new updates are available, click Yes to initiate the update process of your Netgear router firmware.
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the Netgear router firmware update process.
Finally, your Netgear router firmware is upgraded to the most recent version. Now, see whether the issue you were facing has been fixed. If not, then head to the next troubleshooting method.
Reset Your Netgear Router
Resetting your Netgear router to the default factory mode and re-configure it again from the scratch I needed when none of the aforementioned methods works for you. As it will eliminate all the minor or major issues that you’re currently facing.
- Make sure that your Netgear router Power LED is on.
- Now, use a pin-pointed object to press and hold the Reset button located on the back of your Netgear router until the Power LED starts blinking.
- Then, the router will restart automatically and will be restored to the default factory settings.
Now, you are required to re-configure your Netgear router to access the internet services.
Hopefully, the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks will prove to be useful for you in fixing the routerlogin.net not working issue.